Are you excited by the idea of being part of the world's #1 customer service team?
Do you want to innovate using engineering, massive data, and machine learning algorithms? If your answer is yes, then Amazon's Customer Central Technology team is the place for you.
We are a diverse, cross-discipline team of builders who are rapidly innovating in cutting-edge user experience research, machine learning, security, and distributed systems to help customers solve problems faster, easier, and in the way, they want to interact with Amazon. Customer Service Technology systems form the core of Amazon's customer service infrastructure. We integrate with other teams across Amazon's entire business and are the experts in using technology to create a great service experience for customers.
Our team is seeking Senior Technical Program Managers to manage large, cross functional programs that support Customer Service Operations WW. In this role you will be responsible for driving large cross-team projects that span multiple technology and operational teams.
As a Senior TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, escalate effectively, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. The ability to take large, complex projects, break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, and deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, ability to employ scalable mechanisms, and leadership are essential to success in this role.
The ideal candidate will have a software development background, excellent verbal and written communication, and superb project management skills. They will have a well-rounded technical background as well as a history of leading large programs end-to-end. They will own team efforts to coordinate and unify road maps and technical direction across multiple complex systems. They will also identify opportunities to converge overlapping technical efforts, and drive the long term strategy. Maturity, high level judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent, and leadership are essential to success.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, related discipline or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of professional experience in Technical Program Management
- Ability to clearly communicate high level strategy as well as technical details to both senior leaders and software developers both verbally and in-writing.
- Experience collaborating with technical and non-technical partners
- General knowledge of software engineering best practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Sound business judgement
- 3+ years of prior experience working as a software developer or architect
- Experience in e-commerce industry
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and object-oriented design
- Experience working with geographically dispersed development teams