Sr Technical Program Manager
- Hyderabad, India
Hiring Unit: Intelligent Cloud Hosting (ICON)
Want to make impact to how millions of customers shop every day? Intelligent Cloud Hosting (ICON) in Intelligent Cloud Control (ICC) organization has exciting jobs in Hyderabad. ICON is focused on automating the building monitoring, and management of cloud infrastructure to allow Amazon business to launch customer-focused innovations using the latest AWS advancements to instantly deploy micro-services to meet their business needs. We are using machine learning and neuronal computation to develop self-learning, self-driving systems that scale and secure the connection of hundreds of thousands of services to the internet with optimum levels of performance, latency and cost-efficiency, with availability targets in excess of five nines. We are building the cloud intelligence that will enable Amazon to continue to be the earth's most customer centric company.
We are looking for a seasoned program manager who can help us deliver on our long-term quality and release vision. You will also be responsible for driving solutions and programs across teams for hundreds of internal business and tech teams to enable high quality software release in a fast paced development environment. You should be customer obsessed and enjoy engaging with and helping all types of service teams and partner teams. You should also be comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with fast delivery time, rapid iteration, and data-driven decision-making. The right candidate will bring a good mix of experience with Release & Quality management programs, and a roll-up-your-sleeves, entrepreneurial approach.
• Customer Advocate As the service team's primary contact for cloud adoption and usage, you will represent them as a key stakeholder and carry their goals around adopting AWS as a platform.
• Product Owner While each service team owns its own set of products, as an ICON TPM, you are uniquely positioned to look across service teams and identify architectural or financial inefficiencies that can be exploited to serve customers' needs inside the team as well as sharing them to the wider company.
• You must be able to understand the technical underpinnings of the various systems and use cases and use those to map to customer requirements, and determine which new features and products must be developed to meet demand.
• You must have deep technical knowledge, including the design of highly scalable systems, to determine the technological feasibility of proposed products, as well as a strong business background to assess economic viability.
• Program Manager You will act as a central point, owning the definition, execution, and delivery of the portion of a program.
• You will take on goals related to financial and operational efficiencies and be responsible for ensuring that these are tracked accordingly.
• Technology Evangelist The role is also about educating the internal Amazon teams on the power of AWS and its new offerings.
• You must be able to establish relationships and good working rapport with internal service teams, assess their needs, articulate their requirements and ultimately work to enhance the agility and operational performance of your assigned team's services.
• Have a track record of driving successful technical projects or services
• Ability to develop functional and non-functional requirements from the problem statement and business requirements at the right level to enable architecture, design, build, test, and acceptance of the solution
• Understand how to design scalable software
• Ability to communicate the technical solutions verbally and in writing to an audience on a wide spectrum of technical acumen (highly technical to least technical)
• Possess a strong understanding of cloud technologies
• Have a good understanding of finance (preferably tax and accounting)
• Have an entrepreneurial spirit
• Exhibit excellent judgment; able to make the right technical trade-offs for Amazon, Tax, and the technology
• Strong results orientation
• Have relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
• Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business
• Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to earn trust of others
• Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels
• Communicate effectively with both business and technical partners
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Deep hands-on technical expertise
• Strong business and technical vision
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Excellent written communication and verbal skills
• An understanding of AWS technologies (aws.amazon.com)
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Back to top