Do you have what it takes to add an extra 9 to AWS' uptime? Come join the AWS Reliability team! AWS Reliability is hiring an exceptional Senior Technical Program Manager for a new initiative. You will develop a vision and execute on a program focused on improving AWS service availability/reliability. This initiative will span several organizations, across multiple continents, influencing the way our company operates and our engineering culture.
AWS customers have come to rely on our track record of stellar operational performance. Our team is positioned within the AWS Safety Engineering organization, which ensures the overall reliability of our services, meeting our customer promises. Here at AWS Reliability, we minimize company risk while maintaining speed of innovation, allowing AWS services to focus on what matters most, delighting our customers.
To be successful in this role, you can prioritize well, communicate effectively, and have a consistent track record of delivery. You are proactive in removing roadblocks, pave the way for innovation, and can handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. You will be a positive influencer across diverse teams, be able to effectively rally support for your initiative, and be able to help deeply technical teams create simple solutions to meet goals. You will analyze trends and develop programs and initiatives across AWS to reduce the recurrence and size of customer impacting events.
What you will do:
- Define a vision, roadmap, and long-term direction for a program that identifies improvements for AWS availability
- Work closely with your customers to ensure that their needs are addressed in a timely, scalable fashion
- Enable transparency and decision-making across AWS executive leadership by providing critical communication and clear status of the initiatives you own
- Apply your expertise, problem solving skills, and creativity to add value and diversity of thought to our team
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or related technical discipline
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in technical program management or related function
- Proven experience developing and leading multi-team programs and initiatives
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence team direction and roadmap
- Experience solving problems leveraging data driven decision making
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in large-scale, technical program management
- Experience developing mechanisms to influence culture
- Demonstrated ability to define solutions to a complex, ambiguous problem space
- Familiarity with various AWS technologies (S3, DynamoDb, Kinesis, EMR, Cloudformation, Sagemaker, SNS/SQS) and related system architecture