Sr. Technical Program Manager - (AWS New Initiative)
- Seattle, WA
The Amazon Connect team is looking for a seasoned Technical Program Manger to help us represent and drive development of a new set of features that addresses our enterprise customers' needs. We can't talk about specifics just yet, but the things we are working on are in response to loud and clear feedback from customers about the daily pain points their workers deal with. Leveraging AWS' scale, reliability, flexibility, and ease of use, we will offer customers an easy to manage and cost effective solution that solves many of their pain points. We are working hard to define and build an early version of these features and launch it for customers as quickly as possible to get feedback and iterate.
We are looking for a highly effective Senior Technical Program Manager that can lead a team to quickly design and deliver systems while maintaining a constant customer focus.
The Technical Program Manager for this team needs a sound understanding of the fundamentals of communications and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. If you become the Senior Technical Program Manager, you will work with design, technical, and business leaders to set strategy and define the product. You will drive, track, and report the development effort to leadership and partners. You will define the engagement model and manage internal/external dependencies and relationships. You will be key leader responsible for delivering the distributed systems and analytics that will enable AWS to continue changing the software industry by delivering more capabilities to more customers.
• 7+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications
• Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background highly desired
• 3+ years' of experience working with engineering teams to define, scope and prioritize product requirements
• 3+ years' of experience with system-level design and architecture of enterprise-scale services
• An understanding of Web Services, AWS, and/or Cloud Computing
• Previous experience with Contact Centers
• Sound business judgment with the ability to think creatively, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills
• Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
• Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies • Strong written communication skills
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives and engineers.
• Strong problem-solving skills; the ability to analyze problems and develop actionable and appropriate tactical plans quickly.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top