Sr. Technical Program Manager, AWS Enterprise Engineering
- Hyderabad, India
We call our annual AWS conference re:Invent, but we're here to tell you that we don't re-invent anything lightly. When we do, it's because we have an opportunity to use AWS technology to innovate, raise the bar, and surpass existing solutions. We're hiring a Sr. Technical Program Manager for such an opportunity.
What you will do
AWS Enterprise Engineering is leading an internal project to re-invent the corporate experience for accessing enterprise applications and information. We call this Amazon Enterprise Access, and we are seeking an experienced Sr. Technical Program Manager (TPM) to help define, build, and deliver the next generation of mobile applications and software services that enable hundreds of thousands of Amazonians globally to securely access thousands of applications. You will influence Amazon's information security strategy, and you will work with and learn from senior Amazon security leaders to meet a high security bar.
Who will be successful in this role
This is a role for a dynamic leader with a strong technical background in program management and software development. You will help define and own the execution of high-visibility software, you will build and implement a strategy to meet critical Amazon business and security needs, and you will provide regular updates to senior Amazon leaders. This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position, and you'll work with thought leaders in multiple technology areas. You'll have high standards for yourself and everyone you work with, and you'll be constantly looking for ways to improve your product's performance, quality, and end-user experience.
If you are a specialist that enjoys working in one technology or silo, then this isn't the role for you. If you have strong technical breadth, thrive in ambiguous situations, and you enjoy working with a dynamic team that owns mobile applications, traditional web services, security solutions, and more - then you are in the right place. Successful candidates will be data-driven, excellent at written and verbal communication, able to create scalable solutions and processes, and adept at building relationships across diverse teams, job families, and all levels of the organization up to senior Amazon leadership.
We have a diverse team and drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Our team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Amazon Women and Engineering, and LGBTQ+.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Mathematics, other related fields, or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of experience working with engineering teams to deliver software requiring coordination between multiple teams across a range of functional groups
• Demonstrated ability to deliver highly technical programs and effectively set and communicate expectations with both technical and non-technical users throughout all levels of the organization, including senior leadership
• Proven success of influencing and developing strong working relationships with stakeholders, without formal authority
• Excels in ambiguous situations - demonstrates ownership, identifies and collects the right data, analyzes trade-offs, proposes a path forward, builds consensus, and drives outcomes
• Inquisitive with technical and business skills to understand, test, and challenge assumptions to drive the team towards better outcomes
• Understanding of AWS services / cloud computing design patterns and authentication standards (OIDC, SAML)
• Working knowledge of information security concepts and best practices, primarily focused on secure business usage of enterprise software.
• Experience delivering software products across multiple platforms, including iOS and Android mobile applications and traditional web services.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top