Sr Technical Program Manager, AWS AI
- Seattle, WA
The AI team within AWS is responsible for setting the AI strategy and delivering machine learning services across multiple segments and requirement to AWS customers. Today, the team delivers multiple services such as Amazon SageMaker, Comprehend, Transcribe, Kendra, and CodeGuru.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager that can lead a cross functional team of engineers, machine learning scientists, product managers, and UX to quickly design and deliver a set of new ML-powered services while maintaining a constant customer focus.
A successful candidate will bring a passion for technology services, strong business acumen and judgment, ability to define visionary, ground breaking products, desire to have an industry wide impact and ability to work within a fast moving environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact.
The Technical Program Manager for this team needs an understanding of the fundamentals of communications and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will work with design, technical, and business leaders to set strategy and define the product. You will drive, track, and report the development effort to leadership and partners. You will define the engagement model and manage internal/external dependencies and relationships. You will be a key leader responsible for delivering the distributed systems and analytics that will enable AWS to continue changing the software industry by delivering more capabilities to more customers.
We are looking for people who are experienced and passionate in the following areas:
• Identifying and understanding opportunity, developing requirements, building roadmaps, and executing on business plans.
• Anticipating bottlenecks, providing escalation management and making tradeoffs; encouraging risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefit while identifying interdependencies between concurrent projects to prevent downstream problems.
• Evangelizing within and outside Amazon to encourage a fast and smooth adoption of products and programs.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 5+ years' experience in software design/development with significant contributions to global-scale software services products
• 4+ years' experience coordinating cross functional teams across a large organization
• 4+ years' experience building processes, project management, and release schedules
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or a related technical discipline
• Advanced technical degree or MBA
• Experience in the SaaS industry
• An ability to simultaneously manage multiple, fast-paced initiatives
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong writing skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top