Sr. Technical Program Manager - Amazon Go
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout-you just grab and go! Customers simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go!
Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology, which automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you're done shopping, you can just leave the store. Shortly after, we'll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our Just Walk Out Technology uses a variety of technologies including computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earths' most customer centric company and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware design.
The Role: Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment that's more startup than big company. We'll need to tackle problems that span a variety of domains: computer vision, image recognition, machine learning, real-time and distributed systems.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will help tackle a variety of technical challenges. Given that this is an early-stage initiative, you will play an active role in translating business and functional requirements into concrete deliverables and build quick prototypes or proofs of concept in partnership with other technology leaders within the team.
You should be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity that's higher than most projects and relish the idea of solving problems that, frankly, haven't been solved at scale before - anywhere. You will tackle challenging, novel situations every day and given the size of this initiative, you'll have the opportunity to work with multiple technical teams at Amazon in different locations. Along the way, we guarantee that you'll learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of people.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and project planning/execution skills including estimating and scheduling.
• 5-7+ years of technical program management experience
• Master's/PhD in Computer Science or related field
• Academic or industry experience with network infrastructure or distributed systems.
• Experience optimizing for short term execution while planning for long term technical capabilities. Ability and willingness to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly.
Back to top