Sr Technical Program Manager, Amazon Fashion | Catalog
- Seattle, WA
The Amazon Fashion Catalog team is inventing new ways to build comprehensive and accurate product data that powers millions of Amazon Fashion shopping experiences. We work across engineering, data science, and business teams to relentlessly improve the quality of our most fundamental and critical product data and deliver a world-class Fashion shopping experience.
The team is looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager to tackle complex and ambiguous problems that span numerous systems and organizations. They will be a highly visible leader that will own the communication, coordination, and execution of a multi-year program vision. They will work with senior product leaders to define strategy and requirements. They will design, coordinate, and execute technical solutions that scale globally. Managing numerous complex systems and organizations, they will be expected to make appropriate trade-offs between business vs. technical constraints, clearly communicate goals, roles, and responsibilities. Working cross-functionally, they will identify and secure commitment from tech teams across the company for new initiatives, driving consensus on the technical approach.
The ideal candidate will have a well rounded-technical background as well as a history of leading large projects end-to-end. They will own the team efforts to coordinate and unify road maps and technical direction across multiple complex catalog systems. They will also identify opportunities to converge overlapping technical efforts, and drive the long term strategy. Maturity, high level judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent, and leadership are essential to success.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
• 5+ years of professional experience in Technical Program Management
• Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills - ability to clearly communicate high level strategy as well as technical details
• Experience driving technical strategy and architecture decisions especially for large scale data projects
• Experience collaborating with Product, and non-technical partners
• Prior experience working on large cross org programs with extensive technical deep dive skills
• Track record for delivering quality products on time
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
• 7+ years of professional experience in Technical Program Management
• Experience working with a diverse team of engineers, product managers, scientists, and senior leaders
• Experience in non-technical aspects including business analysis (e.g., SQL) and process optimization
• Experience with agile/iterative development and program management methodologies
• Demonstrated passion for understanding ambiguous, complex problems and driving high-quality, innovative, and robust technical solutions
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Back to top