Sr. Technical Program Manager, Amazon Alexa
Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo - the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice. We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with technology across many domains; we are inventing the future.
In this role you will work with a focused team of engineers building out new products and features on Alexa. You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of a cutting edge product that will be used every day by people you know.
As a TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, balance customer and business needs against technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. We are looking for entrepreneurial, innovative individuals who thrive on solving tough problems. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent, and leadership are essential to success in this role.
You will be joining a select group of a people making history producing one of the most highly rated products in Amazon's history.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
- Minimum of 7 years of overall experience in software engineering, software development management, technical program/project management, or a related technical field required with at least 2 years of focused technical project management experience.
- Experience coordinating multi-team product development cycles and software development schedules
- Experience developing and then implementing sustainable processes
- Experience presenting and providing written reports and other communications with technical and non-technical individuals across large organizations
- Experience managing complex international feature launches
- Experience delivering consumer facing products or software
- Experience managing efforts in Unix/Linux environments, distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
- A first-hand working knowledge of current web technologies
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top