Sr. Technical Program Manager - Alexa Speech
- Seattle, WA
Interested in Amazon Alexa? The Automatic Speech Recognition team aims to create a delightful experience for Amazon's customers by making Alexa understand any spoken request quickly and accurately. You will collaborate closely with experts in machine learning and human language technology, and contribute to advancing the state of the art in human language understanding systems.
We have solved many complex problems to get to where we are today, but there are still plenty of challenges ahead of us, and Alexa is getting smarter every day. As Sr Technical Project Manager in ASR space you will lead cross functional teams from design through to delivery, managing all related timelines. The position involves regular communication with senior management on status, risks and change control. Cross-team coordination and project management skills are essential. In this role you will:
• Drive ASR platform deliverables which span across new launches, hyper scaled platform and state of art technological stack advances.
• Drive consistent results and customer impact across the scientific teams
• Responsible for cross team collaboration.
• Responsible for status communication to Sr leaders.
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Experience building processes, project management, and release schedules
• Product development experience (including Python, C++, Java, and Web Services)
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in service oriented architecture
• Graduate degree in computer science, electrical engineering or a related technical discipline
• Working knowledge of human language technology (such as ASR and NLU)
• Aptitude in professional software engineering practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top