Sr. Technical Program Manager- Alexa Smart Properties
- Seattle, WA
Want to join a startup team building new Alexa experiences for hospitality and other out of home segments? As a you will be responsible for scoping and delivering large projects across Alexa. Responsibilities include collection of business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, writing specifications, driving project schedules from to release, and managing the production launch. You will and coordinate /implementation efforts between internal teams and outside merchants and vendors to develop optimal solutions. You will be expected to make appropriate trade offs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams. You'll also be responsible for ensuring our team operates efficiently. You'll own and improve the mechanisms we use to track goals, status, and business metrics across teams. You'll coordinate cross-team programs, such as ensuring we're scaled to handle major events. You'll help teams identify key risks, provide guidance on how to communicate them, and ensure leadership has the right visibility.
This role will have to work closely with senior leaders across Alexa and lead several strategic initiatives for the Alexa out of home experience.
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in internet-related and/or product management in a software applications environment
• 5+ years of experience leading software projects
• Experience with business applications such as Word, Excel and Project
• Experience scaling the processes of a growing organization
• Experience in smart Home and IOT devices
• Experience managing efforts in Unix/Linux environments, distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
• A first-hand working knowledge of current web technologies
• Ability to communicate effectively with both and non- individuals.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
Back to top