Sr. Technical Program Manager, Alexa Smart Home
- Seattle, WA
We're looking for a technical leader to develop and launch new features of Alexa for home security. Do you enjoy solving complex technical problems across multiple domains to build customer experiences - from a business and technical perspective?
Our team focuses on bringing Alexa customers peace of mind, safety, and security about their households and loved ones. We build Alexa features such as Alexa Guard and integration with smart devices, such as contact/motion sensors, cameras, security systems, etc. Our engineering work spans voice and mobile interactions as well as back-end services and public 3P web services.
As a Senior TPM on the Alexa Smart Home team, you will be responsible for scoping and delivering end-to-end projects that span Alexa experiences and skills, voice user interfaces, and cloud services. You will lead and coordinate implementation efforts between internal teams, device manufacturers, and customers. You will balance customer and business needs versus technical constraints, and make appropriate trade offs to optimize time-to-market. The job requires a high degree of maturity and judgement, as well as ability to negotiate and influence, and provide overall leadership.
About Alexa Guard:
Alexa can help keep your home safe when you're away with Alexa Guard-just say, "Alexa, I'm leaving" to activate Guard. When you enable Guard, Alexa can send you Smart Alerts about the sound of glass-breaking, smoke detectors, or carbon monoxide alarms detected in your home. Alexa can also intuitively turn lights on and off to help deter intruders using Away Lighting and can integrate with alarm systems from Ring and ADT to keep your home safe.
• 5+ years of relevant in internet-related programs and/or technical program management in a software applications environment.
• BS in computer science, electrical engineering or a related technical discipline.
• Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels across multiple business units.
• Experience working with external technology partners and enterprise customers.
• Experience building processes, project management, and release schedules.
• Experience building solutions for home networks, IoT device and cloud systems, or home/industrial control systems.
• Experience defining and championing best practices across a software team.
• High degree of comfort presenting to senior management, business stakeholders, and external partners.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top