Sr. Technical Program Manager - Alexa Shopping List
- Palo Alto, CA
With Alexa devices proliferating across homes, offices, cars and mobile, Alexa is going to play a significant role in helping customers capture their needs in the moment. The Alexa Shopping List team is enabling this vision by becoming the preferred way to capture and manage customers' grocery needs. By combining the ease of talking to Alexa with social shopping through sophisticated AI to automatically build your list and find you the best deals, we will transform how customers shop in stores and online. We will help customers anticipate and keep track of what they need, help them save time and get the best value while shopping. We will ensure they always get everything on their shopping list without forgetting anything.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Technical Program Manager to lead the delivery of complex cross-team projects on the Alexa Shopping List roadmap, with an enormous opportunity to impact customer experience. You will drive all parts of the program management and software delivery life-cycle, including planning, analysis, design, development, testing, launch, and operations.
Given that this is an early-stage initiative, you will play an active role in translating business and functional requirements into concrete deliverables, and build quick prototypes or proofs of concept in partnership with other technology leaders. You should be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity that's higher than most projects and relish the idea of solving problems. You will tackle challenging, novel situations every day and you'll have the opportunity to work with multiple technical teams at Amazon. Along the way, we guarantee that you'll learn a lot, have fun and delight millions of customers.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Strong experience working with cross functional teams, including software engineering
• Participate in deep architectural/ design discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment and scale
• Strong communication, planning, analytics, and problem solving skills.
• Industry experience with one or more of the following domains: web technologies, mobile development, or large-scale distributed systems.
• A Master's Degree in Computer Science, or similar
• A history of working in start-ups or fast paced environments handling multiple, competing priorities
• Experience in web technologies and creating compelling mobile experiences using these technologies.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
Back to top