Sr. Technical Program Manager - Alexa Shopping
- Seattle, WA
At Amazon's Alexa Shopping, we strive to enable shopping in everyday life. We allow customers to instantly order whatever they need, by simply interacting with their Smart Devices such as Echo, Fire TV or any Alexa powered device. Our Services allow you to shop, no matter where you are or what you are doing, you can go from 'I want that' to 'that's on the way' in a matter of seconds. We are seeking the industry's best to help us create new ways to interact, search and shop. Join us, and you'll be taking part in changing the future of everyday life.
The Alexa Shopping group is seeking a talented and experienced Senior Technical Program Manager for our Dialog Platform team. In this role, you will lead multiple projects for the conversation management platform in Alexa Shopping, coordinating with various teams across the organization. Our platform coordinates the customer interactions for all shopping-related conversations, enabling teams across the organization to deliver customized experiences while maintaining conversation quality with stringent latency and availability SLAs. As a leader in this space, you will work with stakeholders and partners across the org to innovate on behalf of our customers, while providing effective mechanisms to track execution which lead to successful launches of new functionality.
We prefer candidates who can thrive in a fast paced, high energy and fun work environment where we deliver value incrementally and frequently. We value highly technical, hands-on, data-driven leaders who know their subject matters deeply, are willing to learn new areas, and are hardwired towards engineering excellence. We look for individuals who will set aside meaningful time to develop themselves and their teams as we continually learn from customers. It's still Day 1!
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• 5+ years of Technical Program Management experience with related technologies, including managing significant cross functional projects in mid-size or large companies
• 4+ years hands-on experience building software solutions within current industry standard technologies
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience
• A first-hand working knowledge of current back-end system technologies and service oriented architecture
• Advanced knowledge of business applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Project
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize tasks
• Strong business and technical vision
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
A history of working in startups and fast paced environments
Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers at scale
Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch and SLA-driven operations of the project
Experience performing data analysis and/or working with machine learning.
* Experience as a developer with a modern, object-oriented language.
Back to top