Sr. Technical Program Manager - Alexa Routines
- Seattle, WA
Are you passionate about Smart Home, Internet-of-Things, Automation and natural voice interfaces? Are you customer-obsessed and interested in helping us build new experiences for Alexa? If so, the Alexa Routines team is looking for a Sr. TPM to help revolutionize our voice-forward experience for customers by building personalized customizations & automation on Alexa.
In this role you will be responsible for scoping and delivering large cross -team projects end-to-end. Responsibilities include collection of business and systems requirements, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch. You will lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts between cross-functional internal teams to develop scalable solutions. You will be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams
The right candidate will enjoy finding solutions to hard problems, possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects and will have a well-rounded technical background in software development. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. As a Sr. TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
Sr. TPM role within Alexa Amazon, Experience & Devices, is located in HQ1, Seattle, Washington
- Work across a diverse set of stakeholder organizations to prioritize and manage large development projects
- Drive architecture, engineering and integration decisions and timelines with dependency teams
- Connect the dots across many sub-teams to ensure consistent execution
- Develop, report, and continually improve business performance metrics
- Report on team status across several executive communication channels
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• BS in computer science, electrical engineering or a related technical discipline.
• 2+ years work experience designing software solutions
• 3+ years of experience leading software development projects with aggressive schedules
• Experience with business applications such as Word, Excel and Project
• Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new software features
• Experience managing efforts in distributed systems and/or developing large scale mobile applications
• Experience in Smart Home or IoT
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals including external partners
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
• Experience developing and launching products that require collaboration between cross-functional tech teams.
• Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Back to top