Sr Technical Program Manager, Alexa Privacy
- Seattle, WA
Voice-driven AI experiences are finally becoming a reality and Amazon's Alexa cloud service and Echo devices are at the forefront of this latest technology wave. The Alexa organization delivers world-class, cutting edge products on aggressive schedules that are used every day. At the same time, we obsess about customer trust and ensure that we build products in a manner that maintains our high bar for customer privacy. The Alexa Privacy team is building products and mechanisms to earn and maintain customer trust globally. We are the team chartered to safeguard customers' expectations on trust and privacy across all Alexa experiences.
As part of our Privacy team in Alexa, you will drive privacy programs and initiatives by working directly with our legal, service, product, infrastructure, and other partner teams. You will work to ensure that our products are designed, operated, maintained and protected in accordance to globally regulated industry standards and customer privacy expectations.
A TPM in the privacy space must have technical experience in building custom, distributed software at scale, and preferably a background in data privacy, security, risk, compliance, and/or audit. The TPM needs to have the ability to understand complex distributed systems, drive large-breadth projects across large organizations, and always simplify and improve existing processes and tools.
A successful contributor in this role will be responsible for:
• Diving deep into Alexa systems to develop a technical understanding of how they work and determine effectiveness of current privacy and security controls, and articulate compliance implications to relevant teams.
• Lead projects to implement standards, tools, and processes supporting privacy and security.
• Lead compliance and privacy related initiatives to drive adoption of new policies, regulations, and frameworks.
• Drive process improvement and control implementation projects in coordination with the service teams. This includes the resolution of audit findings and the execution of projects originated from internal assessments.
• Liaise with auditors, articulate control implementation and impact, describe considerations for applying privacy, security and compliance concepts encompassing cloud and device environments.
• Apply a working knowledge of global data privacy, information security regulations and policies to articulate customer/control impact and drive alignment across Alexa teams.
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• A first-hand working knowledge of current web development technologies and service oriented architecture
• Technical experience in building custom, distributed software at scale
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize tasks
• Strong business and technical vision
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
• Experience in data privacy or security compliance in a highly technical environment.
• Experience executing software programs in support of a major compliance effort
• Have a record of delivery of IT process improvement projects with technology processes and/or major tech companies.
• Have a strong understanding of software development lifecycles and modern transaction processing environments.
• Relevant Privacy or Security certifications (CISA, CISSP, CISM)
• Experience evaluating the design and effectiveness of IT controls.
• Experience in working directly with auditors for compliance assessments.
• Experience in performing and/or participating in technical assessments in direct support of a major compliance effort (e.g. SOC1, SOC 2, HIPAA, PCI, or ISO 27001, FedRAMP, IRAP).
• Working knowledge of NIST 800-53, ISO 27002, PCI DSS, HIPAA and SOC standards.
Back to top