Sr. Technical Program Manager - Alexa
- Sunnyvale, CA
The Alexa Mobile App is used by 10s of millions of customers around the world. The bread and butter of the app is the ability to setup, control and manage your Alexa enabled devices from your mobile device. Device settings are the super powers of a customer's Alexa experience. They determine which TVs to control when you ask your Echo Device to put on a movie, where to stream when customers ask for their "dance party" playlist, and which camera to show when a customer asks Alexa how their sleeping child is doing. Now is your chance to be a leader on the Device Settings team and help push forward this highly visible, critically important functionality and help grow the team.
Alexa Mobile is looking for a highly motivated Technical Program Manager to help us take Device Settings to the next level. This includes planning and managing the projects we take on with our partner teams as well as taking over the extremely important self-service project intended to accelerate Alexa Mobile Device development by providing self-service tools to device teams for onboarding new devices and making changes in the app. This provides the scope and visibility for a passionate TPM to get to the next level.
Come join a team with a great culture. From our team charter: Work hard, have a lot of fun, and make a difference. We are a cohesive set of SDEs, QAEs, TPMs, and SDMs who are solely focused on our mission while not losing sight of the fact that we need to enjoy being here and the people we work with. We can challenge each other and disagree, but we will do it with a smile on our face through respecting, pushing, and helping each other. We are in this together and will not step on each other to get to the next level. Learning, delivering, and making an impact in the way our organization evolves is our biggest desire. We explore new and interesting technologies to solve our business problems, and we keep our focus on the long-term impact on our changes.
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or related technical field.
• Experience managing efforts in cloud software services, distributed systems and/or developing large scale mobile applications
• Experience leading software development projects with aggressive schedules
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals including external partners
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
• Experience developing and launching products that require collaboration between internal cross-functional tech teams and external partner teams
• Strong program management background,
• Demonstrated experience leading large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current web technologies.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Back to top