Sr. Technical Program Manager, Alexa
- Sunnyvale, CA
We are looking for a strong leader to drive efforts to build new products and features for Alexa - Home Productivity. Our group is responsible for Alexa capabilities aiming to help customers better their time and tasks. As part of this organization, you will be directly responsible for define software , product execution plans, and roadmap for Reminders. As we continue to improve our base product and launch new innovations, you will required to liaison with multiple teams within Alexa to create the right designs and ensure smooth execution.
You will work closely with the engineering teams to solve hard and business challenges as you work through the implementation aspects for the product. You will need to drive large cross-team initiatives and work with stakeholders across various functions including developers, product management, designers, marketing, and operations. Finally, as a senior member of the team you will take an active role in our focus on continuous improvement of our designs as well as our software processes. We are pioneering in an area that can revolutionize many businesses. You will have a unique opportunity to be part of that, define product from scratch, and turn vision into delighting customer experiences.
• Lead delivery of a large, complex, cross-functional, customer facing programs.
• Develop and complete roadmap
• Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus constraints.
• Gain consensus on decisions and ensure that appropriate software engineering practices are employed to deliver high quality results.
• Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels.
• Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders.
• Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years of management experience in a related industry
• Experience with and scrum methodologies
• Tenacious, does not give up
• MS in Engineering, Computer Science is preferred
• Works well in open problem spaces
• Ability to define scope, and solve problems creatively and practically
• Excellent communication and people skills: being able to communicate to diverse audiences with confidence, clarity and focus
• Ability to build trust and supportive working relationships
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
• Strong track record of software project delivery for large, cross functional, projects.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Excellent skills, ideally with 2+ years of direct software experience
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top