Sr. Technical Program Manager, Alexa
- Sunnyvale, CA
The Amazon Alexa teams are building speech and language solutions which will enhance user interactions with Amazon products and services.
Alexa Speech team is seeking a Sr. Technical Program Manager. In this role you will be responsible for scoping and delivering large projects end-to-end. Responsibilities include collection of business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch. You will lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts between internal teams and outside merchants and vendors to develop optimal solutions. You will be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams
The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current web technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. As a Sr. TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
Balance multiple projects simultaneously, practicing time management and prioritization to deliver results on time
Deliver clear project plans including dependencies and risk mitigation
Monitor program status and deliver regular written reports
Escalate as needed to ensure engineers are unblocked and able to deliver results on time
* Earn the trust of the engineering team by demonstrating your technical depth and understanding of the software development process
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
• Working knowledge of machine learning technologies
• MBA (or software development management experience) with engineering background is a plus
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
• Experience in ASR or voice technology is a plus
• Ability to communicate effectively (up to executives) with both technical and non-technical individuals.
Back to top