Sr. Technical Program Manager, Alexa
- Sunnyvale, CA
The Amazon Alexa teams are building speech and language solutions which will enhance user interactions with Amazon products and services.
Amazon is seeking a Sr. Technical Program Manager. In this role you will be responsible for scoping and delivering large projects end-to-end. Responsibilities include collection of business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch. You will lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts between internal teams and outside merchants and vendors to develop optimal solutions. You will be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams
The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current web technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. As a Sr. TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
You will work on many tasks at once, which makes multitasking skills a must-have
You often work with strict deadlines, time management and priority management are essential
You use written communication to deliver regular program reports, and verbal communication to effectively talk to team members and monitor program progress
You do not write codes but you will work closely with engineers and scientists. You need to have track records and demonstrate your technical strength in software development process. You need to understand prevalent AWS technology and concept.
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
• 7+ years of industrial experience (or 5+ years if having MS/MBA degree), including at least 3+ Technical Program Management experience in a related industry and 2+ years of coding experience in Java and Python as developer
• Experience managing efforts in Unix/Linux environments, distributed systems and/or developing large scale applications
• Working knowledge of machine learning technologies
• Experience with business applications such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint
• • Previous software developer manager or tech lead experience is a strong plus
• Knowledge on deep learning, machine learning
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
• Experience in ASR or voice technology is a plus
• Ability to communicate effectively (up to executives) with both technical and non-technical individuals.
• MBA (or software development management experience) with engineering background is a plus
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top