Sr Technical Program Manager - Alexa
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Alexa is seeking a Sr Technical Program Manager. Alexa is the Amazon service that powers the groundbreaking Echo family of devices, Fire TV, tablets, third party Alexa providers, and cars. We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with technology across many domains; we are inventing the future.
The Alexa Excellence team operates programs to increase the stability and performance of all Alexa customer experiences. We serve as a center of excellence by providing leadership, best practices, tools, research, audit reports, support and education to all Alexa teams. We also own mechanisms to reduce Alexa's latency for delightful customer experience. In this role you will lead projects to preemptively detect and prevent latency increases, and find optimizations in Alexa architecture.
The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current web technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. As a Sr TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
• Experience with business applications such as Word, Excel and Project
• A first-hand working knowledge of current web technologies
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
• Hands-on experience with SQL and at least one Scripting language
Back to top