Sr. Technical Program Manager - Alexa
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Alexa is seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager. In this role you will be responsible for scoping and delivering large projects across Alexa. Responsibilities include collection of business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch. You will lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts between internal teams and outside merchants and vendors to develop optimal solutions. You will be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams
You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. As a Senior TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
The Alexa Mobile team is seeking a Senior TPM to work with internal and external partner engineering teams to bring new Alexa experiences to life on Android and iOS devices. This team is recently formed and is tackling a number of highly complex, ambiguous technical, product and business issues. If you enjoy solving complex problems and delivering technical solutions at scale, come talk to us!
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
• 7+ years of relevant work experience in mobile-related program and/or technical product management in a software applications environment
• 4+ years of experience leading software development projects
• Experience managing efforts in cloud software services, distributed systems and/or developing large scale mobile applications
• Experience leading software development projects with aggressive schedules
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals including external partners
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
• Experience developing and launching products that require collaboration between internal cross-functional tech teams and external partner teams
• Strong program management background,
• Demonstrated experience leading large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current web technologies.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top