Sr Technical Program Manager
- Tempe, AZ
Are you passionate about creating both the best buying AND selling experience on the internet? Would you enjoy being able to tell your friends your team shipped code that made buying on Amazon easier and safer in your first few weeks? As a Sr. TPM on the Customer Trust and Partner Support team you will be actively working on systems and features that accomplish this for buyers and sellers on Amazon.com everyday.
Does the challenge and ownership that comes from leading and driving large, cross-organizational projects and initiatives for one of the largest online marketplaces excite you? Did you know that Amazon already has a vibrant and thriving marketplace where 2.6 million Sellers experience great success selling their products? We work with those Sellers to build trust from the Customer, Seller and in the entire post-purchase experience.If you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment, solving complex technical problems and delivering innovative solutions then come join us in taking the innovation in our Sellers' business and technology to the next level. We are building solutions to keep the bar high for Customers while keeping the Sellers on the road to success. We're looking for a talented and experienced technical program manager to anchor the Seller Account Health team. The Seller Account Health initiatives, requires a technical program manager to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique technical challenges we face daily, while striving to empower the Sellers with timely, accurate and actionable information, that helps raise the bar for both the Sellers and Buyers at Amazon.
As a TPM, you will:
• Drive projects to completion, on time. You highlight risks and clearly communicate those risks to stakeholders. You identify blockers and facilitate the removal of those blockers. You manage communication of progress/status with our team, senior leaders, and other project stakeholders.
• Scope technical requirements. You don't take someone else's word for it. You are inquisitive and feel comfortable asking technical questions about architecture and product decisions alike. Estimate work efforts and proactively remove obstacles to drive momentum and progress. Manage issue escalations and provide support to teams balancing competing priorities.
• Identify customer needs to define product requirements. Be the connector for product, engineering, analytics, and business operations through the entire project lifecycle. Facilitate and manage technical projects and large-scale programs, working closely with multiple engineering teams, analytics, operations, and other cross-functional partners.
• Lead complex, multi-disciplinary product and engineering projects. You understand the full complexity of product decisions. You can effectively advocate for new features beyond "Wouldn't it be cool if...". You can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans. Beyond just shipping new products, you obsess about continuous product improvement
• Work directly with engineers and analysts. You're part of a team of software engineers and analysts that can roll out new functionality in a matter of weeks, not months.
• Relentless. You don't wait for someone to tell you what to do when you get to work Monday morning. You have a personal view on what needs to happen for your product to improve and why. You do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful, whether that means writing a QA plan or hunting down the root cause of a user's frustration.
• Comfortable wearing multiple hats. You should be seamlessly able to step into the shoes of an analyst, an engineer or a product manager and strive to be right.
• Thoughtful. You can balance big picture ideas against smallest detail so that the team can deliver complex and strategic cross-functional projects, often with tight deadlines. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
• Energetic. You continually exhibit high energy and an ability to stay positive under pressure. Must be a self-starter but able to work independently, as well as work in a team-oriented and fast paced environment.
• A truth seeker. You ask why, and you question every assumption. If you've ever said "oh, I just did it that way because Important Person said so." You won't do well here. We need you to probe assumptions, question the status boundaries and questioning the status quo. You identify issues that before they arise during design and implementation, and in post-production.
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
To do well on our team, you need: • A Bachelor's Degree, ideally in a technical discipline • 5+ years of experience managing large cross-functional engineering projects at a fast-paced, high-growth company in any industry • High energy, a can-do attitude with willingness to do what it takes to get things done • An analytical and metrics driven work style. You break down questions and concerns methodically to solve problems an organized way. • Project planning skills, an eye for details, and time management skills . You will be balancing multiple concurrent projects and responding to ad hoc requests. • Product management experience at startups and large consumer internet / technology companies • Strong communication skills - both in writing and in meetings. People understand what you're talking about.
Master's Degree in Computer Science/Math or related field • A passion for large scale, high customer impact ownership
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top