Sr Technical Program Manager
- Bengaluru, India
Amazon S3 powers businesses across the globe that make the lives of consumers better daily. Whether its electronic content delivered to your home, technology that betters your remote working experience, allows you to plan travel to exotic places or simply get stuff delivered to your home. As a Senior Technical Program Manager in S3, you get to deliver these capabilities and delight our customers through teams of talented engineers and leaders.
This position is for the Storage Management Actions team in Seattle, USA. Within S3, the Storage Action team is responsible for Object life cycle management and Batch Operations. Each of these products deal with large scale distributed systems which process trillions of S3 objects on a daily basis. In this role you will be a technical leader working on enabling new capabilities around lifecycle management to help customers better manage their S3 objects at super large scale.
In this role, you'll not only be a technical leader, but you will also be a business leader. You will drive key goals with strategic importance and significant impact on growth and adoption of S3. You will collaborate with product management to define requirements and shape the product. In this position, you will have the opportunity to:
• Manage cross-team and cross-organization delivery of long-term customer-facing features
• Work with the product management and engineering team to identify technical requirements, limitations, and bottlenecks
• Enhance our management systems and processes
• Find new ways to improve the efficiency and measurement of the S3 operating platform
• Meet with internal and external customers to understand future requirements of growth and adoption of S3
Our team works together to provide work/life balance for all team members. We recognize that the circumstances of our team members vary, and we balance work across the team so that we're all able to maintain high standards on behalf of our customers, while at the same time allowing for rich and happy personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Inclusive Team Culture
We have a diverse team and drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Our team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Amazon Women and Engineering and LGBTQ+
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Mathematics, other related fields, or equivalent experience
• 6+ years of experience in software engineering, capacity management , process management work in support of a technical environment
• Experience in managing complex projects or programs at scale
• Ability to communicate and influence effectively across all levels of the organization
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Mathematics, other related fields, or equivalent experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.
Back to top