Sr. Technical Program Manager
- San Francisco, CA
Amazon Music is awash in data! To help make sense of it all, the Data Insights Science and Optimization team enables repeatable, easy, in depth analysis of music customer behaviors. We reduce the cost in time and effort of analysis, data set building, model building, and user segmentation. Our goal is to empower all teams at Amazon Music to make data driven decisions and effectively measure their results by providing high quality, high availability data solutions, and democratized data access through self-service tools.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager at Amazon Music you will have the opportunity to work closely with product, software development, and platform teams to enable reporting for KPIs that drive our business. You will partner with engineers, scientists, and analysts to hypothesize and test solutions to improve the experience for tens of millions of Amazon Music customers on mobile, desktop, web, automotive and living room surfaces. You will collaborate with the product teams to implement solutions with efficient use of resources and technologies. You will make strong business cases for project prioritization and investment. You will also assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints and inspire risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefit. If you love working with big data to solve problems then this role is for you!
• Drive planning, implementation and delivery of large initiatives
• Lead data engineering, science and business intelligence teams to coordinate, prioritize and deliver to a roadmap
• Understand service inter-dependencies and lead cross-functional teams towards technical solutions for multi-tiered systems
• Clarify, prioritize and drive project commitments as well as establish and maintain clear chains of accountability
• Articulate program goals, desired outcomes, risks/issues and mitigation plan with senior leadership
• Mentor junior employees and build effective teams
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
• System design experience
• 5+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
• Experience driving roadmap strategy and definition
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams and building scalable processes
• 5+ years of experience working with science, business intelligence and engineering teams
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Superior analytical and quantitative skills; experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics or related technical field
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects and competing priorities in a fast paced environment
• 7+ years of data analytics experience.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, review, build, and testing operations
• Demonstrated ability to successfully influence stakeholders without formal authority, leading cross functional teams across geographies and business units
• Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative products and customer-facing features
• Experience operating in a global environment
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics or related technical field
• A love of music!
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top