Sr. Technical Program Manager
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a passionate, innovative, results-oriented Technical Program Manager (TPM) to join the AWS Restricted Access Regions (RAR) team. The AWS RAR team delivers the security, speed, and value of the AWS Cloud to customers who have unique access control, security, and compliance requirements in GovCloud and classified regions.
As a TPM on the AWS RAR team you will lead projects and programs spanning infrastructure, tooling, and new offerings to ensure that our systems and services scale to meet diverse customer requirements in restricted access regions. You will also drive process and technology improvements that reduce friction for engineers and proactively address issues that help AWS meet a range of customer needs globally. You will enjoy working backwards from the customer to solve big technical challenges and drive stakeholder communication. You will work across business, product, and engineering teams to balance technical trade-offs, cost, and development schedules to delight our customers.
You will develop both broad and deep expertise and a network of of contacts and colleagues from across AWS as you creatively solve exciting new challenges.
This position can sit in Seattle, WA or Northern VA
This position requires the candidate to have US Citizenship.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
AWS is the leading cloud provider, providing virtualized infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, and many other services to customers all over the world. Our services scale to staggering levels and are highly distributed. AWS's rapid worldwide expansion creates new challenges in data protection, availability, and growth. Come join us!
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
• 5 years of experience in technical program management, or similar technical leadership role
• 5 years of experience with software development lifecycle from conception to delivery
• 5 years of experience working independently to design, plan, and execute technical projects to make difficult trade-offs and prioritization
• 5 years of experience in service-oriented and web-service technologies
• 5 years of experience with the software development lifecycle from conception to delivery
• 3 years of experience with data management and data analytics tools and systems, such as limited to SQL, Quicksight, Redshift, Python or other scripting languages
• Proven experience in managing large scale enterprise projects, gathering and communicating technical requirements
• Experience solving challenging engineering problems with multiple constraints
• Demonstrated deep knowledge of technical program management and engineering best practices
• Experience driving overall strategy and teams across organizations
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
This position can be based in Arlington, VA, Herndon, VA, or Seattle, WA.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Have questions, Wish to apply or have a Referral? Contact Kevin Healy directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to top