Sr. Technical Program Manager
- Arlington, VA
At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on Earth. Amazon Fulfillment Technologies (AFT) powers the physical engine at the heart of Amazon. AFT builds and operates the software, hardware, and processes that run the global network of fulfillment centers, which move billions of units of inventory and ensures customers get what they want when promised. Within AFT, we are constantly innovating in the ways we are automating and accelerating the delivery of products and packages using state of the art software and hardware technologies, while keeping our associates and partners safe. We leverage the latest AWS technologies, big data approaches, and ML to build distributed, highly available systems. We get to work across a diverse set of organizations and stakeholders to achieve our goals.
We are looking for a passionate, results-oriented, innovative Technical Program Manager to lead multiple programs to deliver solutions that keep our customers, warehouse associates and deliver partners safe. The candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, has a strong understanding of core software development and is passionate about technology and wants to solve high-impact business problems. You will be responsible for driving the technical direction for a multiple large programs. You will work with Software Managers, Program Managers, Product Managers, and Software Developers across organizations to define our roadmaps and deliver solutions.
You should be able to take large, complex and ambiguous business requirements, and break them down into manageable projects, write functional specifications, and then deliver them in a successful and timely manner. You should be equally comfortable digging into business requirements as you are drilling into architecture and design with development teams. You thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment and are not fazed by ambiguity or competing priorities. You anticipate bottlenecks and are an expert at balancing business needs versus technical constraints to move projects forward quickly. Successful candidates will have a technical background, be detail driven, have excellent problem solving abilities, and be able to communicate and influence at all levels.
• 5+ years of relevant Technical Program Management experience.
• 7+ years of relevant software development and design experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
• The ability to comfortably and confidently present to all levels within Amazon and to work with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• The ability to build partnerships and influence across senior leaders is essential.
• Detail oriented with demonstrated ability to self-motivate and deliver.
• Experience as both a developer and project/program manager.
• Experience with agile development methodologies.
• Experience working with globally distributed teams.
• Relentlessly high standards and never satisfied with the status quo.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top