Sr. Technical Program Manager
- Seattle, WA
Amazon.com has launched a new service called Transparency which is sold to brands who seek to prevent counterfeit items from entering the supply chain. It's Day 1 for this new service and we're looking to build a team who want to be part of solving a 1.7 Trillion dollar global, retail industry challenge. This service is intended to address global counterfeit concerns across all retail channels.
Goal of this team is to expand and manage a new software service that allows brands and manufacturers to prevent counterfeit items from entering the supply the chain. The vision for this service is to be the standard for global, retail agnostic, track and trace and beyond Amazon scale. It will disrupt the way consumers search for products based on their authenticity and transparency in origin and materials used in manufacturing.
You will be part of building a business which has its own PnL and redefining industry standards for item level tracing. You will also gain exposure to various AWS services that this service is being built on, such as: DynamoDB, Redshift, Lambda, Firehose, S3/Glacier, Cognito, SNS and others. This service is also integrated with various Amazon internal systems workflows related to Vendors, Sellers and Fulfillment technologies as well as direct customer facing systems such as product detail pages and the Amazon shopping app.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a talented Technical Program Manager with a strong technical and program management background. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience leading large sized projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current development technologies. You must enjoy an entrepreneurial environment, and driven by strong desire to solving for ambiguity or multiple competing priorities. You are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will work to understand the details of business desires, match with technology, and balance the business needs versus technical capability. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent, and leadership are essential to success s in this role.
We are not tied to one technology - instead, we use what is best suited for the purpose. Strong judgment and communication skills, long term technical vision, and continuous focus on engineering and operational excellence are essential for the success in this role.
• A bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent.
• 7+ years of Technical Program Management experience
• A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
• A Master's Degree in Computer Science
• A history of working in start-ups and fast paced environments handling multiple, competing priorities
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
• Proven track record in researching, developing and shipping software solution.
• Industry experience with one of more of the following domains: Large-scale distributed systems, web technologies, mobile development.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top