Sr. Technical Program Manager
- Freiburg, Germany
Machine learning, data science and analytics in a fast paced environment. If these areas resonate with you, then join us to work on extremely motivating challenge. Amazon is building a world-class learning science organization, and we are looking for a Technical Program Manager (TPM) to lead high impact releases for our Data, ML, Measurement and Insights products to advance learning science and leadership development initiatives. As a key member on the ML and Data Science team you will partner with a team of experts across the fields of Product Management, Software Development, Data Science, Machine Learning and Data Engineering to develop new and innovative solutions to some of the hardest challenges in learning science. In this role, you will program manage the key initiatives, lead prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, schedule, performance and costs, track delivery milestones, proactively mitigate risks, and manage multiple stakeholders for successful completions of the projects. You will drive the delivery of multiple complex products that span the wide variety of global talent development activities.
About our team:
We refuse to accept constraints, internal or external, and have a strong bias for action. We love data and believe that we can use it to deliver epic experiences for our customers. We work across all areas of talent development including our core data solution, insights and reporting, machine learning driven personalization, learning measurement and the operational systems to support each of these areas that power interactions with thousanda of Amazonians every day. As a multi-functional team of experts, we deliver scaled solutions to be used globally.
You are fascinated by the power of large scale analytical and machine learning algorithms to optimize decision making. And you're looking for a career where you'll be able to build, to deliver, and to impress. You look at problems holistically, and thrive on the intricate complexity of designing feedback loops and ecosystems. You want to get your hands dirty with a small team of experts and invent brand new stuff. You are a technical program manager with experience in machine learning, measurement, analytics, big data and data science. You are interested in shaping our customer, technical and operational strategy and taking a key role on the team. You have great problem solving skills. You love keeping abreast of the latest technology and use it to help you innovate. You have strong leadership qualities, great judgment, clear communication skills, and a track record of shipping great products.
• A Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent experience is required
• 5+ years of relevant engineering or system design experience
• 5+ years of experience delivering software development and/or analytical projects with aggressive schedules
• 5+ years of leading large cross-functional projects with large groups of technical and business stakeholders
• Exhibit a strong track record of on-time project delivery for large, cross-functional projects, preferably in data, analytics or machine learning domains
• Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences including executives and non-technical leaders
• Provide exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
• Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities
• Possess expertise delivering projects with agile methodologies
• Track record of delivering results in a collaborative work environment
• Willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done
• Well-timed tenacity and conviction
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top