Sr. Technical Program Manager
- Nashville, TN
Are you interested in applying your project management and program management skills to address world-changing problems? Does the idea of improving the world's most complex logistic systems excite you? Can you think big in a data-driven decision-making environment? Do you feel excited about working with people with highly-skilled scientists, engineers and business people to benefit millions of Amazon customers worldwide? If so, then this is the job for you.
At Amazon, Modeling and Optimization team is responsible for developing an in-depth understanding of our current fulfillment network and designing our future networks. MOP team works on a range of problems across different aspects of Amazon Operations that that have strategic importance and long-term implications. At the same time, we collaborate with other teams from time-to-time to help solve major tactical issues and remove the roadblocks. We are looking for an experienced technical program manager to drive complex projects in our growing engineering team within MOP. These projects lie at the intersection of research, software development and Big Data to support fulfillment. In this role, you will get a unique opportunity to manage a portfolio of multiple projects and products at the cutting edge of technology. You will prioritize the requirements, evaluate the customer impact of activities, resolve conflicts, mitigate the risks and contribute to the vision and roadmap of our technical teams to deliver results for all the stakeholders within and outside of our organization. You will generate tech design, have technical solution discussion with the SDM/SDEs within the team.
As a Sr. Technical Program Manager, you will be responsible for helping us build and deliver several software and analytical platforms to fulfill our organization's growing facilitate research of ideas towards Amazon's next generation order fulfillment systems, build software platforms and predict the impact of weather on Amazon's global supply chain and transportation.
A successful candidate will have an established background in leading large-scale projects and initiatives combined with a solid understanding of modern technologies. The candidate will be a determined problem-solver with a keen eye to detail and understanding of both internal and external customers. He/she will possess excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
• BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field
• 7+ years of project management experience with deeply technical and large-scale systems
• 5+ years of familiarity with Logistics/Supply Chain, or related Businesses.
• 3+ years of experience in managing cross-functional projects
• 3+ years of experience delivering critical projects under deadlines
• 3+ years of experience with Agile development methodologies
• Strong verbal and written communication skills combined with excellent problem-solving skills
• Able to work in a diverse team
• Ability to deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Background and understanding of different optimization, controls and statistics methods.
• Exposure to delivering software products developed entirely on modern cloud platforms such as AWS
• Ability to present technical concepts to management in a coherent manner
• Experience in development and successful execution of multi-year project roadmaps related to data collection, visualization or warehousing
• Comfortable in a fast-paced, start-up like development environment with a relentless focus on delighting customers
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top