Sr. Technical Program Manager
- Seattle, WA
Love food? We do! The Amazon Grocery Shopping Experience team is seeking an experienced and innovative senior technical program manager to lead large, cross-functional, and customer-facing initiatives that supports Fresh and Whole Foods Market businesses worldwide. This is a unique opportunity for someone interested in Amazon's high-growth, consumables-focused businesses. Our teams experiment, fail fast, learn, and scale rapidly.
We are seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager who will be responsible for scoping and delivering large projects. Responsibilities include collecting business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch. You will lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts, and work across multiple teams to develop optimal solutions. You will be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, and communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current technologies. As a TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent, and leadership are essential to success in this role.
You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in, and get the job done.
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in Product Management or similar discipline
• 5+ years experience in customer-facing software products
• Bachelor's degree
• Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications
• Proven ability to define a product roadmap
• Superior verbal and written communications.
• Demonstrated results; delivered a major service or product from start to finish
• Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math or related technical field
• Familiarity with building large scale solutions across many integrated and distributed systems, with great availability, performance, and security
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top