Sr. Technical Program Manager
- Irvine, CA
Do you have a passion for leading large, cross-organizational, and functional programs and initiatives? Are you looking for an opportunity to join a team that has a global and cross Amazon scope? If yes, the Customer Behavior Cross Channel Optimization (CBA-XO) team is looking for somebody with your enthusiasm and skills to work as part of the team.
As the Technical Program Management lead for the CBA-XO team you will work closely with stakeholders, software engineers, scientists, and product teams to deliver our most complex, high quality, and scalable products deployed around the world and across Amazon. You will collaborate with the product teams to deliver the best product with the most efficient use of resources and technologies. You will work with all the stakeholders to assemble project teams, assign responsibilities, identify resource gaps and develop work back plans for launch of multiple initiatives. You will also assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints and encourage risk taking behavior to maximize business benefit.
Successful candidates will have a technical background, be detail driven and have excellent problem solving abilities. You should not only be passionate about delivering extensible, on-time solutions, but should also be obsessed with contributing to the development of high-performance teams through rigorous goal-setting, disciplined attention to performance metrics, and continuous process improvement.
The Customer Behavior Analytics (CBA) organization owns Amazon's insights pipeline, from data collection to deep analytics. We aspire to be the place where Amazon teams come for answers, a trusted source for data and insights that empower our systems and business leaders to make better decisions. Our outputs shape Amazon product and marketing teams' decisions and thus how Amazon customers see, use, and value their experience. CBA-XO's mission is to make Amazon's marketing the most measurably effective in the world. Our long-term objective is to measure the incremental impact of all Amazon's marketing investments on consumer perceptions, actions, and sales. This requires measuring Amazon's marketing comparably and consistently across channels, business teams and countries using a comprehensive approach that integrates all Paid, Owned and Earned marketing activity. As the experts on marketing performance we will lead the Amazon worldwide marketing community by providing critical cross-country insights that can power marketing best practices and tenets globally.
We are looking for an experienced technical program manager to guide a large team of scientists, engineers and product managers towards developing novel approaches for marketing measurement at scale.
• Own the development and delivery of key programs across CBA-XO and CBA
• Lead planning, execution, and delivery of projects across multiple teams around the world
• Own communication for technical delivery across these projects with senior leadership and partner organizations
• Own sprint planning and reporting for our engineering and science teams
• Identify and develop automated, self-serve mechanisms to scale currently manual processes where relevant, and work with the internal stakeholders to drive adoption
• Support the team in developing metrics and measuring their impact
• Thrive in working with key stakeholders in executive teams and marketing teams to define strategy and requirements
• Communicate regularly with senior leadership on status, risks, and change control
• Enjoying building and designing large scale system with high availability
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, mathematics or related technical area.
• 6+ years of relevant work experience in technical program management or related function.
• Excellent customer intuition; demonstrated success in identifying, prioritizing and delivering product capabilities to delight customers
• Strong data analysis skills; the ability to run data analysis and synthesize data to make on-point business decisions
• Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills, able to influence at executive level
• Proven track record of earning trust with global stakeholders with disparate working styles
• Master's degree in engineering, science, mathematics or related field
• 8+ years of relevant work experience in program, product management or related function
• Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Experience with AGILE or other program management methodologies
• Demonstrated track record of cultivating strong working relationships and driving collaboration across multiple technical and operations teams
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top