Sr. Technical Program Manager
- Seattle, WA
Looking for a career at a company that seeks to be Earth's most customer-centric company? If so, meet Amazon. Over the past 20 years, Amazon has reinvented on behalf of customers and is one of the largest internet retailers. Through our entrepreneurial culture, Amazon has developed new technologies and products (like Echo) and, enterprise services (like Amazon Web Services). Amazon is now reinventing on behalf of the business customers and focused on building an innovative Business-to-Business (B2B), and we are recruiting to make this vision a reality. B2B represents an incredible opportunity to address a vast new market segment. Our customers include individual professionals, small businesses to large institutions. Our B2B customers have different needs than the traditional Amazon customer so we are reinventing everything from how we display our selection and provide the right paying experience.
To succeed in this role, you must be a passionate advocate for the customer, always looking to invent and simplify on their behalf. You must think big and build a solution that can scale to meet the global needs of thousands of customers.
As a Sr.Technical Program Manager, you will be part of the larger technical leadership community at Amazon. This community forms the backbone of the company, plays a critical role in the broad business planning, working closely with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements, influences our long-term technical and business strategy and enables us to deliver innovative new solutions rapidly.
• Work closely with product managers, software developers and managers to architect and develop the best technical designs, architectures and implementations.
• Drives large and complex cross-org programs and deliver customer values
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
• Create, execute and communicate project plans and delivery commitments.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in a technical field, such as computer science or engineering
• 10+ years experience planning, designing, developing and delivering software.
• 5+ years experience in a software development organization.
• Experience leading large scale software deliveries
• Good understanding of various technologies (like Java, AWS, Python, Ruby)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Has taken software products from inception to customer delivery
• Practical experience with software engineering best practices
• Experience with Agile software development methodologies
• Proven track record delivering large scale technical programs
• Passionate about delivering the right things for your customers at very high quality
• Experience in Payments domain
Back to top