Sr Technical Program Manager
- Bengaluru, India
Do you enjoy creating software that solves whitespace problems? We are building a new team for an exciting problem space in Alexa. You get to be a founding member of our start up, figure out what and how to build, and expand your influence and impact across Amazon. You will work with a team of entrepreneurial engineers passionate about voice commerce, and lead them to create systems that solve complex problems all the way from understanding customers to fulfilling their in the moment buying needs. You'll be working in an emerging space, gain expertise in a wide range of technologies and be a needle mover. You will be changing the experience of millions of Alexa users worldwide and in your home!
We are looking for an enterprising program manager who can help us convert the vision into reality. To be successful, you will need to enjoy working with ambiguity, creative and have a passion for customer experience. This role requires you to be able to influence senior leaders of all levels in tech and non-tech. You will need to be a strong technology advocate, and know how to strike the right balance between current needs and future opportunities.
The leader in this role will need to speak to a wide range of business customers (size, industry, geography, personas) to understand the various requirements related to the shopping experience (e.g., comparing, researching, and buying) and work backwards to document customer requirements. At the very next step this individual is expected to be able to dive deep into the technical design with Development teams across Amazon and bring consensus on a solution that meets the bar for Amazon scale. You will push for innovation and not settle for "me too" solutions.
Some qualities that we are looking for: you are results oriented (and have a track record of repeatedly delivering great results); you are an inventor and an innovator (and have already proven it); you have the intellect and horsepower to solve really complex problems (some may say impossible to solve); ability to wear multiple hats, and do what it takes to make your team successful; you are customer obsessed; you operate well in an ambiguous environment; and finally, you have a burning desire to be a part of something really big.
• Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 8+ years of consumer facing software Development/Enterprise Architecture/Technical Program Management experience.
• Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong attention to detail, customer-service orientation, and creativity in problem-solving
• Demonstrated ability to Influence without Authority and working with multiple roles across Company/organizations
• Demonstrated experience in managing large complex projects with stakeholders across company, global scope, tight timelines and high customer impact using project management best practices and tools
• Experience managing software development efforts in, distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
• Experience with AWS Technologies (Lambda, DynamoDB, S3) and Alexa technologies (Alexa Skills Kit)
• Excellent judgment, organizational, and problem-solving skills
• A solid grasp of the business side of technology with an understanding and zeal for metrics and analysis to deliver on business objectives
• Ability to effectively manage relationships at senior levels (SVP, EVP, C-level)
• Prior experience working in early stage startups a plus!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top