Sr. Technical Program Manager
- San Diego, CA
We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in technology and to solve real-world problems that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even imagine yet. As the Senior Technical Program Manager, you will be working with a unique and gifted team developing exciting products for consumers and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
In this role, you will be responsible for identifying, scoping, and delivering a large end to end project. You will have the opportunity to engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff for a confidential new project. You will be comfortable working across time zones and through ambiguity. You thrive through building consensus and driving teams towards results. You will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. You have the ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces to deliver them in a successful and timely manner. High judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent, and adaptive leadership are essential to success in this role.
• Own end-to-end project delivery plan for software development across embedded devices, mobile and cloud services.
• Create plans that have clear, measurable success criteria, and clearly communicate progress and outcomes.
• Clearly and concisely communicate with senior management, both verbally and in writing, on status, risks and required mitigations to meet project commitments.
• Drive best practices on the team, deal with ambiguity and competing objectives, and proactively identify and mitigate risks before they become roadblocks.
• Dive deep with technical teams on system architecture and design to drive predictable delivery of high-quality software.
• Help teams reduce exposure to classic failure modes (e.g., requirements not sufficiently understood/documented, ineffective cross-team collaboration, APIs not protected/hardened, insufficient testing/gaps in QA).
• Support the team in making appropriate trade-offs to optimize time-to-market, and to clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
• BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
• 5+ years of Technical Program/Project Management experience
• Experience with full stack development across software platforms, mobile apps, web services, APIs and UX
• PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
• 8+ years of Technical Program/Project Management experience
• Experience with agile or other program management methodologies
• Experience managing complex and cross-functional projects with aggressive schedules and scarce resources
• Adept at making trade-offs to balance business vs technology needs/constraints to resolve bottlenecks and deliver incremental value
• Experience in developing HIPAA/FDA compliant software
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top