Sr. Technical Program Manager
- Austin, TX
Come join the team that builds mobile frameworks and infrastructure that enable Last Mile delivery feature development teams and backend services to introduce new features to our delivery app quickly and efficiently with minimal low to zero boilerplate development requirements. The Last Mile team focuses on providing smart and efficient mobile solutions that scale to delivering millions of packages every month. Our team creates the platform features that enable feature teams to create new driver experiences and innovative customer delivery options.
About Last Mile:
Amazon's Last Mile teams deliver packages (retail orders, Fresh and Whole Foods grocery, Prime Now, third party partners, and restaurants) to homes, businesses, Amazon Lockers, cars, and even garages all over the world! Amazon has grown its delivery efforts to speed up customer delivery times and provide new innovations to customers. Working on the front lines of our Last Mile tech team means that daily, you have a tangible impact on an Amazon customer's experience getting his or her package.
This network is powered by hundreds of small businesses and tens of thousands of drivers that leverage Amazon's technology to deliver millions of smiles to customers each day. The technology innovations that are developed by the Last Mile tech teams help scale this exponentially growing part of our network and include a wide breath of solutions from ML and operations research based routing and planning algorithms, our own in-house maps and navigation platform, IoT and hardware innovations, and doorstep delivery experiences to consumer grade native mobile apps that brings all these experiences together.
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience.
• Experience with both oral and written communication, demonstrating the ability to express thoughts clearly and concisely to multiple levels of stakeholders.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects through work prioritization, planning and task delegation.
• Proven ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels of responsibility.
• Quantitative analytical abilities
• Experience building tools for automation (building, testing, releasing and/or monitoring).
• Ability to dive deep into complex technical problems.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• PMP or Project Management Certification.
• 3+ years of coding experience in any programming language
• Strong presentation skills, and the ability to motivate and inspire large groups of people.
• Familiarity with building large scale solutions across many integrated and distributed systems, with great availability, performance, and security.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top