Sr. Technical Program Manager
- Windhof, Luxembourg
The International Expansions team is changing how marketplaces are launched within Amazon. We are pioneering and building new financial services and methods to launch marketplaces faster and increase overall commerce and selection within Europe and the EU. If you have experience conceptualizing and defining financial systems at scale and like to solve problems that most people consider really hard, lets talk.
We are seeking an experienced, results-oriented, and inventive Sr Technical Program Manager to expand as well as build a new set of financial products in the Accounting, Tax and Payments space to drive our marketplace expansion. You will get an opportunity to build a software product from ground zero and deliver critical features to our internal as well as external customers. You will work closely with software engineers on a daily basis to define system architecture, elaborate user stories and discuss technical trade-offs. You will negotiate features and release timelines between multiple internal teams to maximize the benefit to Amazon and our customers. This role is inherently cross-functionalyou will work closely with Engineering, Operations, Business, Finance, and Executive teams.
Ideal candidates are those who are excited about shipping a software product and delighting their customers. They are experts at defining outcome-based product requirements derived from customers and subject matter experts. They take a data-driven approach to making decisions and are adept at prioritizing requirements. They can dive deep into technical details and ask engineers insightful questions about the services and dependencies they influence. They can clearly and concisely communicate trade-offs to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Sr. Technical Program Manager to be based in our European Headquarters in Luxembourg.
The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg is a diverse and multicultural country located in the heart of Europe, bordered by France, Belgium and Germany, with a total population of around half a million. Luxembourg has Luxembourgish, French and German as national languages, with English spoken by the many expatriates and most locals. Luxembourg is known for banking, steel and a number of EU institutions plus an increasing number of technology-centric organizations. Luxembourg boasts a rich cultural scene and a high standard of living.
• Bachelor's degree or higher with a technical discipline
• 4+ years of technical program management experience
• 4+ years of consumer facing software product management experience
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions.
• High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
• Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
• Experience coordinating complex product development cycles and software development schedules
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
• 8+ years of technical program management experience
• Excellent oral and written communications skills. Ability to get point across, crisply and succinctly
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
• Previous product development and programming experience
• Previous program management experience in retail, vendor, and/or Finance systems with exec level reporting experience.
Back to top