Sr. Technical Program Manager
- San Francisco, CA
Can you run large cross-organizational programs? Are you equally comfortable digging in to business requirements as drilling into technical design and architecture? Are you passionate about software development? Do you want to join one of the hottest growing teams at Amazon?
The Business to Business (B2B) market is ripe for innovation and Amazon Business (www.amazon.com/business) aims to disrupt the way buying and selling happens between businesses and suppliers. We provide business customers everything they love about Amazon, for work. We are focused on building a unique shopping experience for business users and business sellers with access to hundreds of millions of products world-wide, business-only selection, business and quantity pricing, bulk buying experience and much more. We've grown a lot in the 4.5 years since our launch and become one of the most promising opportunities within Amazon. Go ahead and read about us on any of your favorite media outlets!
The ideal candidate is a creative, demonstrated leader with excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills. This candidate should possess verifiable leadership qualities including being proactive, thoughtful, thorough, decisive, and flexible, conducting themselves professionally and with integrity at all times. You must know how to influence and motivate to get the right things done. At the core of the position is delivery. You will have a strong working knowledge of software development processes and thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
As a TPM, you find clear paths through roadblocks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. You will have an ability to take large, complex programs and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional and technical user stories, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical thinking and leadership are essential to success in this role.
We work in an entrepreneurial environment and deliver value incrementally and frequently. We are still in the early stages of development, so you will be in on the ground floor. If you are a candidate with a strong sense of ownership, passion and drive to delight customers, come join us!
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• 10+ years of software industry experience working in software development
• 5+ years of managing software teams, including all aspects of people development and team building.
• Experience owning the full product lifecycle from product definition and roadmap through delivery.
• Highly motivated self-starter with bias for innovative thinking
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent business judgement
• The ideal candidate has a track record of launching projects with Java/C#, C++, Perl, and distributed computing technologies
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices.
• Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• 5+ years of Program Management experience
• A strong desire to work in a fast paced dynamic environment
• Strong collaboration skills pulling teams together and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done
• Proven track-record of taking ownership and driving results
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
• Experience working backwards from the customer and delivering innovative, simple solutions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top