Sr. Technical Program Manager
- Cambridge, MA
Interested in working on the Echo Show, Echo Spot, and other Alexa-enabled devices? If so, we'd love to talk to you!
Our team focuses on building the software that powers our Alexa touchscreen-enabled devices. We've launched several successful products and are continuing to pioneer this new innovative area that blends touch and voice interactions. We're just getting started, and we'd love for you to join us in bringing these experiences to millions of customers!
As a Sr. Technical Program Manager, you will be responsible for leading cross-disciplinary teams to conceive, design, and deliver experiences for our Alexa devices. This is foremost a technical role where you will be involved in understanding architectural design and technical roadmap. Specifically, your role will include the following:
• Work daily with engineers within a scrum team(s) to provide guidance.
• Dive deep into areas you're coordinating in order to give technical guidance.
• Work with key stakeholders in product management and executive teams to define strategy and requirements.
• Lead cross-functional development efforts on new technologies and features, from design to delivery.
• Communicate regularly with senior management on status, victories, and risks.
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• BS in a technical discipline, or equivalent experience
• 7+ years of relevant work experience in technical program/project management
• 7+ years experience in the following: Defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope / schedule / deploy new features sets
• Experience working in fast paced Agile environments.
• Master's degree or advanced technical degree.
• Demonstrated track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects.
• Experience working in a consumer electronics environment.
• Experience with professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development lifecycle.
• Experience working on mobile platforms and/or applications.
• Knowledge of software / hardware development process and lifecycle.
• Excellent technical communication ability with peers and non-technical partners.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top