Sr. Technical Program Manager
- Seattle, WA
Identity Services are the guardians of Amazon's most sacred asset - customer trust! The stakes for authentication at Amazon have never been greater as Amazon expands more into customers' daily lives. Our guiding principle for authentication is simple; if we suspect an usage, we will deploy the most secure and appropriate available challenge, and if we do not, we will let the customer use Amazon unimpeded.
We are looking for a motivated Technical Program Manager (TPM) with the desire and talent to contribute to this vision. You must have a passion for keeping customer information safe while providing friction-free experiences, thrive on solving complex problems and relish the challenge of operating a complex and mission critical system under extreme loads. Come join our team of experts in building and supporting large scale services that are used billions of times a minute.
About Identity Services: Identity Services owns the systems that enable authenticating and identifying every Amazon customer in the world. Every aspect of the Amazon global business depends on our systems to know who the customer is, and if our systems are not up and running, the company stops. We balance keeping our systems fast, scalable and performant (no exceptions!) with rapidly delivering great features for Amazon customers and our developer partners. In short, we get to own and innovate on a critical customer experience while also supporting nearly every other business at the company; the best of both worlds!
Key responsibilities: As a TPM you will be expected to
• Own programs with significant complexity with broad cross-organizational and/or deep architectural impact.
• Drive large engineering efforts that solve significantly difficult problems with complete independence.
• Scope, plan, implement and deliver projects and programs, and collaborate with Program Managers and senior leaders to align with strategic vision and goals
• Drive projects cross functionally, build partnerships with other organizations, and work proactively with business teams to ensure security objectives are met
• Integrate information security into organizational development and processes
• Establish metrics and regular reporting mechanisms
• Support deep dive assessments and ad-hoc data analysis requests
• Deliver findings, recommendations and remediation steps for all activities
• Drive, mature, and improve organizational security, risk identification and remediation processes, and risk tracking mechanisms
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years of technical program management experience
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Experience mentoring a small group of peers and junior engineers
• Passion for adoption of best practices and tools to improve code quality and operations
• Experience with service architecture, operations and/or client side libraries are a plus
Back to top