Sr Technical Program Manager
- Seattle, WA
Amazon's Engineering Excellence (EE) group drives adoption of new technical and leadership skills into Amazon's engineering community. We provide Amazon engineers and leaders the information they need to build products and services that delight customers. This role is an opportunity to join a fast- paced global team driven to deliver innovative learner-centered content for engineers at Amazon. The location for this role is flexible within the US.
As a Senior TPM in the EE team, you will be focused on driving innovation and inclusivity into our technical systems and culture. You will also contribute to the short term (current year) and long term (3+ year) vision for the team, influence how the team operates and determine the most important new programs to initiate. You will raise the bar for engineering excellence by assessing, improving and automating existing programs, tools, processes and operations.
In this role, you will work with a team of technical subject matter experts to develop instructor-led and virtual training to help Amazon engineers build services natively in AWS. As part of the EE's Learn AWS team, you will work with our Product Manager to identify new workshops and courses that provide internal customers with hands-on learning on building and maintaining secure, reliable AWS services. You will work closely with product and service teams in Consumer and AWS to develop training content, design labs and technical assessments, and recruit and certify trainers globally.
Your ability to remove ambiguity, manage dependencies, communicate effectively, and dive deep into technical details is essential. Successful candidates will be able to balance think big with realism, deliver achievable software plans, while communicating progress to executive audiences.
• 5+ years of experience in technical program management with a proven track record of delivering large and complex programs
• Experience managing efforts in Unix/Linux environments
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical field
• Solid understanding of developer tools
• Experience with software development and/or technical training
• Thrives in a high-energy, fast-paced environment where tactical and strategic initiatives are driven in parallel
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
• Experience developing or managing software
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top