Sr Technical Program Manager
- Denver, CO
CO Salary Range: USD 122,200.00 - 160,000.00 per year
Frustration Free Setup (FFS) is the concept of pleasantly surprising our customers with a simple device setup experience. The best experience is one where the customer can setup any Amazon/Alexa supported device with minimal to no customer interaction. The Frustration Free Networking group is at the forefront of this product which operates in 10s of millions of devices world wide. We are looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager to work cloesely with our development teams to deliver new and exciting features in this space.
Our products are core IoT service for all first party Amazon devices and many third party devices. The number of devices we support is growing every year. The development teams own all of the backend services and the on-device software to support these setup flows . This gives way for a wide variety of growth and project variability. We are looking for someone to help simplify and innovate the device setup customer experience.
We're working hard, having fun, and making history; come join us!
• For Colorado-based jobs: This position starts at $116,400/yr. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related technical field.
• 5+ years of professional software development experience.
• 5+ years of experience in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Java, C++ or C#.
• 3+ years of experience building large scale, high-performance systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment.
• 3+ years of design and architecture knowledge as well as familiarity with object oriented analysis and design patterns (OOA/OOD).
• Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills
• Demonstrated leadership in cross-functional, highly collaborative environment.
• Experience building complex, high-performance, and highly-available distributed software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Demonstrated focus on continuous improvement of systems, software and processes through data analysis and metrics.
• Understanding of performance tradeoffs, load balancing and operational issues.
• Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
• Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results.
• Experience mentoring junior project/program managers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experience working with remote and global teams
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $122.2k - $160k/yr however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Back to top