SR. Technical Program Manager
- Sunnyvale, CA
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo.
What will you help us create?
As a Sr. Technical Program Manager, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to design, manage, and deliver innovative consumer products, technologies, and tools. In this role, you will:
• Work with key stakeholders in product management and executive teams to define strategy and requirements
• Drive data-based activities to develop insights on device and accessory performance and improvement recommendations
• Lead cross functional and full stack problem-solving and development activities from design through delivery
• Work with global teams to deliver supporting software and services in sync with launch timelines.
• Communicate regularly with senior management on status, risks and change control
• Work with subject matter experts to lead and drive new technology initiatives and evaluations for next generation Amazon products and features
• Work with component leads to drive evaluation and adoption of new vendor technologies and HW
• Work with vendors and external partners to deliver device software and firmware technologies into our products
• Bachelor's degree with a technical discipline or equivalent experience
• Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule and deploy new feature sets
• Experience in hardware/software product development and Knowledge of hardware development process and lifecycle
• Demonstrable experience in project management and coordinating/driving release schedules, including cross-functional dependency management
• Knowledge of Bluetooth, BLE, device software systems and stacks from silicon (both MCU and SOC-based) to application and UX.
• Excellent technical, problem-solving and communication skills both written and verbal
• Cross-team coordination and executive presentation skills supported by written documentation
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
Back to top