Are you interested in building high-performance, globally scalable financial systems that support Amazon's current and future growth? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation leveraging the scalability and innovation with Amazon's AWS cloud services? Do you have a passion for ensuring a positive customer experience? This is the job for you.
Amazon Financial Technology Team is looking for a strong technical results-oriented and innovative leader who can help us create the next generation of distributed, scalable financial systems. Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, relishes working with big data, and enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts that are typically being defined in real-time. We need someone to manage and develop applications that facilitate global financial transactions worth billions (USD) annually.
As a TPM, you will engage with senior leadership and multiple stakeholders and in scoping and delivering large, complex V1 projects end-to-end for our new initiatives. Responsibilities include collection of business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, driving project schedules from design to release, communicating to stakeholders and executives, and managing the production launch. You will lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts between internal teams and external customers and partners to develop optimal solutions. You will own SCRUM development methodology and work with team and stakeholders within its framework. You will work closely with AWS Finance teams to design a long term solution to handle ever growing finance needs.
From a business and technical perspective, this TPM will:
- Have a strong track record of shaping business strategy for technical products or services
- Understand how to design scalable software
- Be conversant with internet technologies
- Communicate effectively with both business and technical partners
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit
Professional traits which are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Has relentlessly high standards (is not satisfied with the status quo)
- Is able to dive deep and is in touch with the details of the business
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to earn trust of others
- Strong results orientation
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical field
• Experience delivering results on technical products, programs or services
• Experience working with stakeholders across many function
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Master's degree in a business or technology discipline or related field
• Experience with multiple programming languages (such as, Java, C++, Ruby, Python, Perl, etc.)
• Experience in creating big data solutions
• Possess self-drive to keep moving things forward even in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge (avoid "analysis paralysis")
• An understanding of the software development process, and a proven track record of shipping software quickly, then iterating on the experience
• Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions
• Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the products, and the technical landscape
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.