Sr Technical Program Manager
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will engage with an experienced inter-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. You will work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team to drive key aspects of product definition, execution, test and delivery. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
The Senior Technical Program Manager will lead internal inter-disciplinary teams and/or ODMs through the product concept and execution phase process. The candidate is responsible for creating the project plan, including the schedule. You will work with the Product Manager to derive the product requirements and obtain executive approval. The Senior Technical Program Manager will drive and motivate the internal/external cross-functional team to deliver the product(s) as per the agreed-to requirements and cross functionally manage other internal team members and ODM suppliers. The Senior Technical Program Manager will be responsible for the coordination and planning of all engineering builds at the supplier and drive the configuration management deliverables to ensure the timely release of all assemblies to production. In this role you will:
- Drive projects in concept with suppliers and internal cross functional teams,
. Drive execution of projects
- Provide technical direction with limited assistance
- Lead cross functional project meetings with ODM suppliers
- Lead internal/external milestone reviews
- Present project status to the executive team
- Manage project builds globally
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or relevant discipline
- 7+ years of Engineering and/or Program Manager Experience
- Experience with delivering high volume consumer electronics
- Experience with managing the introduction of new technologies
- Master's degree in relevant discipline (preferably in Electrical Engineering)
- Proficient at creating and tracking complex development schedules, managing issues and tracking bugs
- Solid understanding of product development lifecycles
- Strong understanding of technical requirements for technology integration
- Hands on experience at overseas manufacturing facilities
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
This position will require international travel.
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top