Sr. Technical Program Manager
- Seattle, WA
Alexa Shopping strives to make discovering, exploring, and purchasing products more convenient and delightful for customers through Alexa. We enable consumers to take immediate action on any need they have by simply interacting with an Alexa-enabled device, from the apps on their mobile phone to the Fire TV in their living room. We seek big-thinkers looking to work in an agile and entrepreneurial organization to join us in shaping the future of everyday life for millions of customers worldwide.
We are hiring an experienced Technical Program Manager who is energized by working across SVP organizations to deliver industry-defining technical products. This role will influence multiple organizations' strategic plans and engineering roadmaps by helping to define product features, drive system architecture, and spearhead best-practices to deliver the highest-quality products that delight both B2B and B2C customers. Successful candidates will bring unparalleled Ownership, the ability to Dive Deeply into technical architecture within and outside of Alexa Shopping, a proven track-record of Delivering Results in ambiguous situations, and an ability to Have Backbone while Earning Trust across all functions and levels.
In this role, you will:
• Deliver Results by launching technical features and services that will be used by numerous cross-organizational teams across Amazon;
• Think Big and work with senior leadership, business stakeholders, and engineering teams to optimize product strategy;
• Insist on the Highest Standards for business and technical requirements, roadmap prioritization, feature and product trade-offs, and risk assessment and mitigation;
• Dive Deep to understand and influence system architecture and roadmap prioritization for teams within and outside of Alexa Shopping;
• Earn Trust through regular communication with senior management on project status and progress towards VP and SVP-level goals;
• Determine the right set of KPIs to manage customer-engagement and product-launch goals; and
• Navigate ambiguous, high-judgement situations through critical thinking and creative problem-solving, turning obstacles into opportunities.
If you're excited about making your mark on the future of shopping through Alexa, we'd love to talk to you!
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Bachelors in Engineering
• 3+ years of product management experience
• MBA or MS in Computer Science or other Engineering Disciplines
• Experience working closely with science disciplines, including machine learning scientists, economists, data engineers, and
• Demonstrated success bringing new customer-facing products or services to market using agile development processes
• Impeccable written and verbal communication and persuasion skills
• Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding product, business, and competitive landscape
• Demonstrated experience influencing and collaborating across multiple teams in a large organization
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Back to top