Sr. Technical Program Manager
- Seattle, WA
Are you interested in building next generation services that will re-define international trade at Amazon? Do you want to improve how shoppers around the world discover and purchase global merchandise? Amazon Exports and Expansion is building new services responsible for enhancing the international shopping experience. Our mission is to provide a one-stop shopping experience to international customers that includes:
• Build solutions that reach millions of new customers all over the world, providing them with a world class shopping experience in their local language, payments, and currencies
• Drive customer experience technology for supporting customers all over the world.
• Work closely with the business to define the expansion strategy and figure out innovative solutions to help this thriving business continue to its exponential growth
We are looking for experienced hands-on Senior TPM to solve complex problems and support a team as they deliver innovative technology solutions.
As a Senior TPM, you will lead and work with a talented team to innovate and deliver business and software solutions. Your ability to define and develop high scalable and high performance web services is essential. You will have opportunities to work on both frontend (Website) and backend (Services) and interact with business stakeholders directly. In addition, successful candidates will be able to lead by example, balance development responsibilities while participating in cross team efforts including architecture planning.
In this role, you should feel comfortable gathering requirements across the many retail systems, creating and maintaining technical project plans and diving into the technical details to understand the nuances and complexities involved. If this sounds like you, let's talk more!
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Math or related field
• 5+ years industry experience
• 3+ years as a Technical Program Manager or equivalent experience
• 3+ years experience as a software developer, or equivalent experience to demonstrate technical design expertise and understanding of the developer experience
• Experience in at least one modern programming language (C, C++, C#, or Java)
• Experience building extensible backend system platforms
• Experience building world-class UI and self-service tools
• The ability to influence senior leadership (Director, VP) level
• Good communication (verbal and written) skills
• Good analytical and interpersonal skills, with ability to work successfully across all engineering disciplines
• Resourceful - able to deliver results with minimal direction.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with developers, business owners, and senior business leaders
• Solid understanding of developer tools and cloud technologies
• Experience working on frameworks or platforms consumed by a large developer audience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top