Sr Technical Program Manager
Are you passionate about innovative technologies like speech and IoT? Are you interested in Amazon Alexa, the brain behind Amazon Echo? Are you interested to learn how Alexa powers AWS LEX? Are you entrepreneurial and interested in learning the dynamics of both Alexa and AWS? Here is a unique opportunity to be part of both worlds AWS and Alexa.
The Amazon Alexa team is looking for a Sr Technical Program Manager to help build the Speech recognition, Natural language understanding(NLU) and entity resolution services to cater to AWS LEX. We are looking for a candidate with a passion for new products and IoT, enthusiasm for our mission, and a talent for managing building great products. We're working hard, having fun, and making history.
The Sr Technical Program Manager role requires working with AWS product management, development, and science teams to understand how AWS LEX user experience translate into speech recognition,NLU and Entity Resolution(ER) and leading cross functional teams from design through delivery, and managing all related timelines. This position involves regular communication with senior management on status, risks and change control. Cross-team coordination, project management, and executive presentation skills are essential.
- Own and manage how AWS LEX needs translate into Alexa platform requirements in speech recognition, Natural language understanding and Entity Resolution.
- Partner with product management to help drive the roadmap using key insights from our developer customers
- Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments; Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Collaborate effectively with peer teams and key partner services to deliver robust engineering product
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
- BS in computer science, computer engineering or a related technical discipline
- 7+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry.
- 3+ years of coding experience in Java, C++, or C#
- Experience in developing large scale web applications and knowledge of current web technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Expertise in agile software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including agile estimation and planning, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Track record for managing complex technology projects with aggressive schedules and scarce resources
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- Solid foundation in service-oriented technologies to be able to understand service inter-dependencies and drive towards technical solutions for multi-tiered systems
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top