Sr. Technical Program Manager
- Sunnyvale, CA
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 is the original creator of the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Are you interested in jumping into the driver's seat of our sensational Fire TV products?
We have a unique position for an experienced, highly technical, structured and visionary technical program manager in the Fire TV team. Our challenge is to give customers a compelling, secure, and robust experience with a steady flow of new devices and engaging new features throughout the lifetime of the device, and to do all this without skipping a beat.
We're looking for the person to help us continually rethink how to do these things in a highly data-centric, seamless and elegant fashion.
In this role, you'll work across many groups and get broad exposure to the entire business. From software engineering to sales, product marketing to customer service, from hardware engineering to operating system, and the myriad teams throughout Amazon that are writing code for user experiences on the devices. We sit at the center of the product and have incredible breadth of impact and opportunity. At the same time, in the midst of this big organization you will get the opportunity to have true ownership and effect real change to the product and the business.
Sr TPMs need to not only excel in operating at a strategic level but also need to understand when to dive deep to keep the project on track. Specifically, Sr TPMs must set the bar on the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines. Along with that, Sr TPMs need to clearly and concisely communicate, both verbally and in writing, with senior management on status, risks and required mitigations to maintain project commitments. Sr TPMs are expected to support the team in making appropriate trade-offs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
This role will test your skills across the board. Massive cross-group coordination? Check. Ability to deeply understand platform level technologies? Check. Hard-core data analysis and reporting? Check. Not to mention: influence technical architecture/design decisions, advocate for awesome user experiences, put in place useful processes, rip out useless processes, get in the code when necessary, and always be inventing a better way to do things.
And while the challenges are big and the pace fast, we have fun while we're at it. It's a high-energy, good-natured, and supportive environment. If you think you have what it takes to help change the world, then apply to join our team, and Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History at Amazon.
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• 10+ years experience in software technical program management or equivalent
• 5+ years of coding experience in Andriod, Java, C++, and/or Perl
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
• Experience with data analysis using SQL and/or Excel
• Experience managing hardware/software product releases
• Masters degree or higher in Computer Science or MBA
• Experience with leading engineering and/or program management teams
• Android and/or distributed architecture experience - ability to deep dive up to code level and surface issues/dependencies
• Experience in delivering and sustaining a product, preferably in the consumer device space
• Experience defining KPI's/SLA's used to drive multi-million dollar businesses
• Experience in establishing scalable cross functional procesess and using tools such as Jira/Confluence to enhance productivity
• Superior communication skills - both written and oral
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation./ Age
Back to top