Sr Technical Program Manager
- Bengaluru, India
Amazon Education is chartered with improving the education of students by building services that allow for creation and consumption of new learning methods that expand beyond traditional paper class materials and ebooks. We are looking for candidates who are passionate for about delivering a world class learning experience from Amazon education and making a positive difference in the lives of many teachers, students, and parents.
The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. As a Sr. TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. High business judgement, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role. You are able to communicate at Director/VP levels at the right levels of abstractions.
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
• Able to work in a diverse team
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strength in problem solving; high attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate new ideas
• Demonstrated ability to work across functional disciplines to deliver online products/services.
• Master's Degree in Computer Science/Math or related field
• 5+ years of TPM experience
• High level familiarity with data mining or machine learning
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Sharp analytical abilities, sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Passion for innovation and learning.
• 2+ years as a technical lead, team lead, functional lead or mentoring developing junior employees
• 2+ years of experience communicating with non-technical team members or stakeholders
Back to top